Laser dentistry is an innovative, effective solution to address a wide range of dental concerns. With the addition of laser dentistry, dentists are able to complete treatments faster and more effective than ever before. Laser dentistry reduces the risk of infection, enables the natural healing response, and helps patients with dental fear feel comfortable during their treatment.
At Bella Smiles, we offer a full range of laser dentistry services in Riverhead, Roslyn, and Nesconset, NY to address your oral health needs. Laser dentistry offers a noninvasive solution to address a gummy smile, periodontal disease, and oral cavities. Our dental care team will perform a full dental exam to determine if laser dentistry is right for you.
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Promotes the natural healing response
- No drills or loud noises during treatment
- Reduces the chance of infection
- Minimal downtime after treatment
- Less invasive than traditional treatments
- Minimal bleeding, sensitivity, and swelling
Laser Dentistry: what to expect.
Your laser dentistry treatment will depend on the type of dental issue you need to address. After a consultation, your Bella Smiles dentist will create a treatment plan based on your oral needs. In most cases, patients report undergoing minimal downtime and can return to their normal activities after treatment.
- Gum Disease: Gum disease is a progressive oral health concern that affects the teeth and gums. If left untreated, gum disease can compromise the health and function of the teeth, gums, and bone structure. In advanced cases of gum disease, gum surgery may be needed to restore health to your gums. With the advancements in laser dentistry, your dentist can eliminate the need for gum surgery and use lasers to safely and effectively remove diseased tissue. Laser dentistry can effectively clean the teeth and gums, and promote tissue regeneration.
- Dental Cavities: Laser dentistry can safely treat decayed teeth without the need for traditional dental drills. Patients with dental anxiety can benefit from laser dentistry because it eliminates the need for invasive treatment and drills. Using laser dentistry, your dentist can thoroughly remove the decay portion of the tooth. Once the decay is removed from, the tooth is restored using a dental filling or dental crown.
- Gum Contouring: Laser dentistry can be used to address a gummy smile, restore a receding gum line, or change the shape of the gum line. Laser therapy safely and effectively contours the gum line to match your cosmetic and oral health needs.
Schedule An Appointment
If you would like to determine if laser dentistry is right for you, visit Bella Smiles in Riverhead, Nesconset or Roslyn, NY. To schedule an appointment, call one of our office locations or schedule an appointment online.