Orthodontic care has been revolutionized and revitalized with the use of Invisalign invisible aligners. Drs. Lotardo, Pop and Caesar are Invisalign providers on Long Island and offer this convenient, discreet and comfortable option for teens and adults with mild to moderate orthodontic concerns or cosmetic issues as a result of crooked teeth. Invisalign can be used to treat:
- Cross bite
- Under bite
- Over bite
- Misaligned teeth
Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners that have been custom made for you using special CAD/CAM software for advanced treatment planning and predictable results. The clear aligners are made from a durable, smooth material that does not irritate the soft tissues in the mouth. Invisalign can be a successful treatment for both adults and teens.
Benefits of Invisalign
There are many benefits to choosing clear aligners over metal braces. Invisalign treatment offers several key benefits for patients who want to achieve a healthier, straighter smile. Patients who undergo Invisalign can look forward to these common benefits:
- Improved self-confidence. Achieving a straighter smile can help you feel more confident in your smile and improve your overall self-esteem.
- They can help improve your oral hygiene. Patients can remove their aligners to brush, floss, and rinse their teeth properly.
- No dietary restrictions. Patients can remove their aligners to eat their favorite foods.
- Clear aligners are a discreet way to straighten your teeth. Aligners are created using clear plastic, which makes your treatment as discreet as ever before.
- Aligners are designed for comfort and convenience. Your aligners are created using advanced CAD/CAM technology which ensures they fit comfortably in the mouth. You will receive your appropriate set of aligners during your visit, which will mean fewer visits to the dentist office.
Invisalign: About the Process
The Invisalign process is actually very simple. The process will begin with taking digital impressions and a scan of your teeth and jaw. He utilizes the CAD/CAM software for planning your treatment and also to show you the end results so you can see what your smile will look like by the end of your treatment. These images are also used to fabricate your custom aligners.
Drs. Lotardo, Pop or Caesar will forward your treatment plan to the Invisalign lab where your set of custom clear aligners will be made and sent back to our dentist office. Once ready, we will go over how to place the aligners over your teeth and how often to use them before moving on to the next set. You will replace the aligners about every two weeks to slowly reposition your teeth.
You will visit with us periodically during your treatment for assessing your progress and ensuring your oral health is optimal. They should be worn for 22 hours a day. This allows you to remove them to eat and continue your normal oral hygiene routine. The length of treatment is dependent on the number of aligners and the severity of your dental health or cosmetic concern.
Schedule a Consultation
If you’re considering Invisalign® in Roslyn, Nesconset or Riverhead, NY, contact your local Bella Smiles dentist office today. Schedule an appointment with one of our dentists to find out how to get a straighter smile that you’ve always wanted.